Please note that we have moved to new premises. As from 20 January 2020 our new visiting address is:
Itäinen & Ojantakanen
Fabianinkatu 9 A (6th floor)
Other contact details remain unchanged.
Itäinen & Ojantakanen Attorneys Ltd.
Itäinen & Ojantakanen Attorneys Ltd is a boutique business law firm built on experience of the corporate world.
Our services cover all aspects of business and corporate law, including domestic and cross-border private M&A transactions and investments, general corporate advisory, distress finance, insolvency, commercial litigation and arbitration. In addition, we provide family law and private wealth services for selected individuals.
We are dedicated to providing high-quality services and advice to our clients by assessing and managing the legal risks related to their business.
Our team combines the competence of experienced lawyers with the progressiveness of young professionals.
Andrei specializes in banking and finance. He has broad and extensive experience in acting both for financial institutions as well as for companies...
Pontus advises clients on commercial and corporate litigation and dispute resolution.
Leif advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, general corporate matters, restructuring and insolvency matters, litigation and dispute resolutio...
Ville specialises in private M&A and private equity transactions. He has extensive experience in advising Finnish and international clients
Risto advises a broad range of clients on mergers and acquisitions as well as general corporate matters. He also acts as an arbitrator in corporate...
Ilkka advises clients in the field of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions as well as private equity transactions and venture capital...
Risto specializes in corporate and commercial disputes. He has for over ten years acted as counsel for corporations in litigation and arbitration p...
Valtteri advises clients in the field of mergers and acquisitions as well as private equity and real estate transactions.
Tapio advises clients regarding corporate and commercial disputes. He has nearly 25 years of experience as counsel for listed and other major corpo...
Jussi-Pekka Jutila graduated in 2004. He was trained on the bench in 2008. During his career, Jussi-Pekka has previously worked as an in-house coun...
Anni advises on general corporate matters as well as on mergers and acquisitions.
Linda advises clients mainly on mergers and acquisitions and related investments, whereby she has experience in both domestic and cross-border tran...
Silja advises clients in the field of mergers and acquisitions as well as on general corporate matters. She joined Itäinen & Ojantakanen Attorneys ...
Jesper advises clients in the field of mergers and acquisitions, with a particular focus on intellectual property and technology.
Tiia-Maria advises clients on corporate and commercial disputes. Her experience includes litigation in national courts as well as arbitration proce...
Monica advises on insolvency and family law matters and on dispute resolution in connection therewith. Monica has graduated in 2016 and been with t...
We advise both domestic and international corporate clients as well as investors, entrepreneurs and shareholders in the fields of mergers and acquisitions, investments, corporate law, commercial arrangements, distress finance, insolvency, commercial litigation and arbitration. In addition, we provide family law and private wealth services for selected individuals.
Banking and Finance
We provide advice to banks and other financial institutions on variety of regulatory and finance matte...
Contract and Commercial
We offer advice on a wide range of general contractual and commercial matters, including reviewing, dr...
Corporate and Board Advisory
Our team advises private corporates as well as their boards of directors and senior management on a wi...
We advise clients on various data protection, personal data processing (GDPR) and other privacy matter...
Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
We advise both corporate and private clients in a broad spectrum of civil disputes and proceedings, in...
Employment and Benefits
We advise clients on general and transaction related employment law issues, including contractual matt...
Private Equity and Venture Capital
Our team offers high-quality services for all aspects of private equity transactions, including repres...
Private M&A and Joint Ventures
We advise clients on the full range of domestic and cross-border private M&A transactions and joint ve...
We advise selected individuals and families on preserving and transferring wealth as well as on disput...
Public M&A and Capital Markets
We advise clients from time to time in public M&A transactions, private placements, share issues and o...
We provide a broad range of services for real estate and construction law matters ranging from real es...
- Advising the buyers on the acquisition of the business and assets of Eromanga Oy from the bankruptcy estate
- Advising Mahindra & Mahindra on the increase of their ownership stake in Sampo-Rosenlew Oy to 75 %
- Advising Helsinki Deaconess Institute Foundation on the acquisition of Caritas Palvelut Oy, a provider of sheltered housing and services for the disabled and elderly in the Oulu and Rovaniemi regions
- Advising Highland Europe on the EUR 40 million Series B investment round of Supermetrics Oy, a Finland-based global leader in data integration, led by Highland Europe and supported by IVP and OpenOcean with participation from Datadog chief product officer Amit Agarwal and Supercell CEO Ilkka Paananen
- Advising Keva on a transaction where a Finnish consortium consisting of Vantaa Energy, Infranode and Keva acquired Fortum’s district heating business in the Järvenpää-Tuusula area in Finland
- Advising the shareholders of Keskisen Kello Oy on the sale of a majority stake in Keskisen Kello Oy to A-lehdet Oy. Keskisen Kello Oy is the leading online store in Finland selling brand watches and jewellery
- Advising Sentica Partners’ portfolio company Purkupiha Group on the acquisition of JT-Asbesti Oy. Purkupiha Group is a group of companies specializing in heavy demolition, hazardous substance removal and recycling
- Advising Solteq Plc (Nasdaq: STQ1V) on the sale of its SAP ERP business to Enfo Oyj. Solteq Plc is a Nordic IT service provider and software house that specializes in digital business solutions and vertical software markets
- Advising Barona Oy on the acquisition of Arffman Finland Oy, a national training and education company and the leading service provider on immigrant integration training in Finland
- Advising Hammas Hohde Oy on the acquisition of Gasellin Hammaslääkärit Oy, a Helsinki-based dental care service provider, and the related businesses
- Advising Caverion Suomi Oy on the acquisition of Pelsu Pelastussuunnitelma Oy, a company specialized in property security consulting services and easy-to-use digital web and mobile services
- Advising Woodio Oy on the execution of its equity financing round
- Advising Lakers Group (backed by private equity firm Summa Equity), the leading independent water pump service company in the Nordic region, on the acquisition of Oy Pumppulohja Ab, a leading pump service and manufacturing company in Finland
- Advising the sellers on the sale of Verso Food Oy, a Finnish food industry company specialized in plant-based foods, to Norwegian-owned food group Kavli
- Advising Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company on its investment in construction company Fira Group Oy
- Advising Keskusosuuskunta Oulun Seudun Sähkö on the divesture of its district heating business in the municipality of Ii to Vapo Lämpövoima Ky
- Advising Mahindra & Mahindra on the increase of their ownership in Sampo-Rosenlew Oy as well as in the shareholder agreement arrangements in relation thereto
- Advising Arjessa Oy, a subsidiary of Humana AB, on the acquisition of Matiimi Oy
- Advising Sentica Partners on the acquisition of a majority stake in child day-care providers Verkanappulat Oy, Lastentalo Mukulax Oy and Apula Oy
- Advising the sellers on the sale of a stake in a Finnish music company Kaiku Entertainment Oy to Sanoma Media Finland
- Advising Sentica Partners on a transaction in which funds managed by Sentica became the majority owner of a Finnish dental care service provider Hammas Hohde Oy
- Advising Caverion Suomi Oy on the acquisition of Jetitek Oy
- Advising Saari Partners on the acquisition of 60% ownership in Cervi Talotekniikka Oy
- Advising Terveystalo on the acquisition of Rela-Group
- Advising the seller on the sale of Nordautomation Oy to a Swedish company Addtech Nordic AB including the divestiture of Nordautomation Oy’s shares in Ecohel Oy to the seller
- Advising the sellers on the sale of Profil-Bau Industrial Oy to a Swedish company ÅF AB
- Advising Terveystalo on the sale of its Latvia based subsidiary Ava Clinic SIA to Eugin Group
- Advising Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company as a co-investor on connection with the acquisition of Mehiläinen by CVC Capital Partners from Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. and Triton Partners
- Advising a Norwegian company Svartisen Holding AS (owned by the Finnish energy companies Vantaan Energia Oy, Oy Turku Energia – Åbo Energi Ab and Oulun Seudun Sähkö) on the acquisition of 10% ownership in Hafslund Produksjon Holding AS from Fortum Oyj
- Advising the seller on the sale of IROResearch Oy to Keskisuomalainen Oyj
- Advising the sellers on the sale of Kalatukku E. Eriksson Oy to Kesko Oyj
- Advising the sellers on the sale of SuperPark Oy to Sentica Partners and Tesi
- Advising the sellers on the sale of Oy Helsinki Chartering Ab to a Dutch company Wagenborg Shipping Holding B.V
- Advising Cabonline Finland Oy on the sale of part of its bus transportation business to Lehtimäen Liikenne Oy
- Advising SuperPark Oy relating to the establishment of an activity park in Hong Kong and in the related JV arrangements
- Advising Rostek Oy on the acquisition of Noracon AS
- Advising Lifeline Ventures Fund II Ky and other sellers on the sale of Vionice Oy to Vaisala Oyj
- Advising Cabonline Finland Oy on the acquisition of Kovanen Yhtiöt Oy, Mankkaan Taksi Oy, Inva-Taksi Oy and Oy TAXIA Ab
- Advising one of the main shareholders on the initial public offering of Rovio Entertainment Oy and in certain related wealth management and corporate transactions regarding Trema Holdings BV
- Advising Sievi Capital Oyj and certain other investors on the acquisition of Indoor Group Oy from Kesko Oyj
- Advising Don Virta Oy and Nord5 Group Oy on the divestiture of the business assets of Nord5 Group Oy to the majority shareholder of Nord5 Group Oy and certain other investors
- Advising the seller on the sale of Konevuori Oy to Terrawise Oy
- Advising Solteq Oyj on the acquisition of Analyteq Oy
- Advising Qapmoc Oy on the acquisition of Machinery Oy
- Advising the sellers on the sale of SAV-Rahoitus Oyj to Elite Oyj against a cash and share consideration
- Advising one of the sellers on the sale of Oy Autocarrera Ab to VV-Auto Group Oy
- Advising Quattro Mikenti Group Oy on the acquisition of Suomen Paikallissähkö Oy
- Advising the sellers on the sale of Pohjolan Werkonrakennus Oy to Infratek Finland Oy
- Advising the sellers on the sale of Sammet Dampers Oy to a Swedish company Addtech Nordic AB (publ.)
- Advising an Indian conglomerate Mahindra & Mahindra on the acquisition of a stake in Sampo-Rosenlew Oy as well as in the shareholder agreement arrangements in relation thereto
- Advising a Swedish pet food distributor company on the acquisition of the shares in its Finnish subsidiary from the minority shareholder
- Advising the sellers on the sale of Oy Sabik Ab to a Canadian company Carmanah Technologies Corporation against cash and share consideration
- Advising Kuusakoski Oy on increasing its ownership to 100% in a Sheffield-based subsidiary specialized in stainless steel recycling
- Advising the seller on an add-on sale of a foreign private equity investor’s portfolio company
- Advising two key persons and key investors on the combination of Digiprint Finland Oy and Multiprint Group Oy
- Advising the executive management on an M&A arrangement between Mahindra Holidays and Resorts India Ltd and Holiday Club Resorts Oy
- Advising the sellers on the sale of Fenno Medical Oy to a Swedish company Mediplast AB
- Advising ePassi Payments Oy and ePassi Sweden AB on the acquisition ofa Swedish company Min Friskvård AB
- Advising a Finnish startup on an investment thereto by a foreign investor as well as in the related shareholder agreement arrangements
- Advising the sellers on the sale of an IT company to a foreign buyer
- Advising the seller on the sale of a wholesale business to Berner Oy
- Advising the seller on the sale of its Finnish business under the trademark Laura Ashley to a new franchise entrepreneur
- Acting as administrator in the restructuring of Bodium Oy
- Advising a group of private investors on a major real estate project in Hanko, Finland
- Advising ePassi Payments Oy on the registration process with the Finnish Financial Supervisory Authority to provide payment services without an authorization in relation to ePassi Payments becoming a dedicated service provider for Alipay
- Advising a bank syndicate lead by Nordea Bank and Finnvera on the restructuring of Talvivaara Mining Company Plc and in the related dispute
- Advising a domestic real estate investor on a significant real estate development and construction project
- Advising a client on the proceedings before the Finnish Supreme Administrative Court regarding a capital gains tax dispute
- Advising a Russian capital investment fund on the acquisition of the only European full-scale soya refinery from a Finnish bankruptcy estate Finnprotein Oy
- Acting as administrator in the bankruptcy of Copterline Oy
- Acting as administrator (Mr. Leif Itäinen) of the bankruptcy estate of WKD Holding Oy
- Acting as administrator (Mr. Leif Itäinen) of the bankruptcy estate of Nordic Hall Oy
- Acting as administrator (Mr. Leif Itäinen) of the bankruptcy estate of LDR Group Oy
- Advising Hjallis Promotion Oy and Hjallis Harkimo on a legal dispute against Sanoma Trade Oy concerning the sale of Hartwall Arena
- Advising bankruptcy estates on bankruptcy related litigation
- Acting as arbitrator in several M&A and company law related disputes
- Acting as counsel in several real estate and construction related legal proceedings
- Acting as administrator and executor (Mr. Pontus Baarman and Mr. Pekka Tuunainen) in several decedent’s estates for a selected clientele